Vinyl 2×LP, Limited ColouredUitverkocht
180g crystal clear vinylMeer lezen
Standard black vinylMeer lezen
320 kbps, Lame-gecodeerd
Following the success of last year’s ‘Somebody’s Knocking’ LP and his astonishing memoir 'Sing Backwards and Weep, Mark Lanegan released his new solo album, ‘Straight Songs Of Sorrow’ on 8th May.
The album, which is closely aligned to his forthcoming memoir, “Sing Backwards And Weep”, features guest appearances from Greg Dulli, Warren Ellis, John Paul Jones, Ed Harcourt and more.
The second pressing is a black vinyl edition. Double Vinyl – Gatefold - Downloads available with each LP purchase. Standard CD also available.
When considering any great work of art, it’s natural to wonder what might have inspired it: ‘the story behind the song’. Mark Lanegan’s new album, ‘Straight Songs Of Sorrow’, flips that equation. Here are 15 songs inspired by a story: his life story, as documented by his own hand in his new memoir, ‘Sing Backwards And Weep’.
The book is a brutal, nerve-shredding read, thanks to Lanegan’s unsparing candour in recounting a journey from troubled youth in eastern Washington, through his drug-stained existence amid the ’90s Seattle rock scene, to an unlikely salvation at the dawn of the 21st century. There’s death and tragedy, yet also humour and hope, thanks to the tenacity which impels its host, even at his lowest moments.
‘Straight Songs Of Sorrow’ combines musical trace elements from early Mark Lanegan albums with the synthesized constructs of later work. The album feels both definitive and unique, a culmination of its creator’s arc yet also indicative of the energy that drives him onto future horizons. No wonder Lanegan is proud.
- Record Collector ★★★★★ - The Telegraph ★★★★ - The Times ★★★★ - Financial Times ★★★★ - The Sunday Times - ★★★★ - Mojo Magazine ★★★★- The I Paper ★★★★ -Q Magazine ★★★★
- 1 I Wouldn't Want To Say 5:46 Kopen
- 2 Apples From A Tree 1:55 Kopen
- 3 This Game of Love 4:48 Kopen
- 4 Ketamine 2:41 Kopen
- 5 Bleed All Over 3:36 Kopen
- 6 Churchbells, Ghosts 4:54 Kopen
- 7 Internal Hourglass Discussion 3:49 Kopen
- 8 Stockholm City Blues 3:39 Kopen
- 9 Skeleton Key 7:05 Kopen
- 10 Daylight In The Nocturnal House 3:06 Kopen
- 11 Ballad of A Dying Rover 4:37 Kopen
- 12 Hanging On (For DRC) 2:10 Kopen
- 13 Burying Ground 4:46 Kopen
- 14 At Zero Below 4:41 Kopen
- 15 Eden Lost And Found 2:46 Kopen